As the family was packing  to go to Cincinnati for a swim meet for Anna, I asked if Flat Ruthie could go along and said that cell phone photos were perfect. My daughter-in-law said to put her in her purse and I wasn’t really expecting a lot of photos. Let’s just say they exceeded my expectations!

As the day came to a close there was quite a collection of Flat Ruthie sightings in Cincinnati.  Turns out we missed the Cornhole Championships but plenty to do with an aquatic theme.

And what’s up with that Grilled Cheese Donut sign? Anyone you know eat one?

Tom + Chee is in Cincinnati!

TYR Sport Winter invitational, Keating Natatorium, Cincinnati

Look in the Mouth!

Sharks

SharksLook in the Mouth!

Cincinnati Skyline from Newport KY

Not consumed, just the signage!

About Ruth

Photography teacher, photographer, knitter, reader, cook, poet, filmmaker
This entry was posted in Blogosphere Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Grilled Cheese Donut Sign,Day One. The Pez Display Tomorrow. Flat Ruthie in Cincinnati

1. Shuey says:

Grew up in Cincy and never heard of the Grilled Cheese Donut, but . . . it looks good to me. Something to look forward to on my next visit. Thanks Flat Ruthie for bringing this to my attention.

Question – is it actually in Cincinnati or in Newport, KY?

2. fgassette says:

OK Flat Ruthie this trip was a little bit dangerous. Glad you survived the shark attack which I’m sure made you hungry for that Big grilled cheese donut. Looks like your travels will leave you with some great memories.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

3. ChgoJohn says:

That Flat Ruthie sure gets around! Love the shark shot! Too funny! But, a grilled cheese donut? I can’t imagine.

4. They had you swimming with the fishes!

5. Mad Dog says:

What an adventure! I’m not sure about the doughnut either, I hope they don’t put sugar on it ;-)

6. Tom+Chee says:

Thanks for helping spread the word, the Grilled Cheese Donut was named #4 in Endless Simmers “America’s Best New Sandwiches,” stop on in and give it a try!

7. Stef says:

Ruthie is one brave gal! (Sitting in the mouths of sharks – dang!)

8. Grilled Cheese Donut?? I’m not sure I’d be a fan.. bagel maybe.. but donut??