BRRRRR from Homer, Alaska!

Hello from Alaska,
I’m Lisa Ellington and I met Ruth in college in Connecticut.
We have corresponded through the years but have only seen each other twice.
Once in Fort Knox, Kentucky (1976)  when Mark was a baby and once in Mystic, Connecticut in 1997 when I met  Laura for the first time.
I got in touch a few years back to inquire about a school my son was interested in that was in Pittsburgh and that started my subscription to her daily blog.  My husband and I both enjoy this daily look into Ruth’s life and creative interests.  Dave is anxious to meet you, Ruth!
We thank you again for including Chris’ FORERUNNER game launch on your blog
The team is close to securing some contract work!
Most people visit Alaska in the summer…
Homer is has been called  the “Cosmic Hamlet by the Sea” or the town at the end of the road.  It is located on Kachemak Bay, 225 miles south of Anchorage on the road system.
It is famous for halibut fishing and its arts community.  We’ve lived here for 31 years.

FR arriving at our house which is 5 miles from downtown Homer.

Here FR and I are looking down on Kachemak Bay in Homer.

Another view across Kachemak Bay - Homer Spit (a 5 mile long jut of land - formed from glacial movement) and the Kenai Mountains. Thanks for visiting! Lisa

Thanks for visiting!  Lisa
And thanks for hosting Flat Ruthie.
 Hawaii last week and now Alaska.  Flat Ruthie really gets around!!!
If you would like to have a visit from Flat Ruthie, email your snail mail address to cardboard.me.travels@gmail.com and she will be on her way.
About these ads

About Ruth

Photography teacher(high school), photographer, knitter, reader, cook, poet, filmmaker
This entry was posted in Blogosphere Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to BRRRRR from Homer, Alaska!

1. daphot75 says:

Stunning snowy scenery.

2. Shuey says:

Stunning vistas and a new adventure. Do they have hot cocoa with marshmallows inside the house? Hope so . . . cause FR needs a coat!

Shuey

3. fgassette says:

I just love this site because I get to travel with Flat Ruthie to places I have never been. These photos are beautiful. I love the snow cap mountains. Now Flat Ruthie put on a coat before you catch a cold.

4. Sue Reinfeld says:

Beautiful pictures, but glad it was flat Ruthe and not me.

5. Cj says:

I always wanted to go to Alaska. Thanks Flat Ruthie for inviting me along : )

6. Joyce says:

What a gorgeous place! I am trying to understand what life must be like 225 miles from the big city of Anchorage in BRRRR country.

7. Jjudyjsmizik says:

Flat Ruthie sure gets around. I’m glad I’m in sunny Florida, but loved seeing Flat Ruthie’s Alaskan visit. Since Russia is nearby, is she going there next?

8. Pingback: A Handy Guide For Travelers To Homer, Alaska - Write Traveller | Write Traveller

9. Oh.. I think this has to be the prettiest destination by far, Ruthie!! Stunning scenery.. I hope you took your sweater along!!